December is National Safe Toys and Gifts Month
- As the holiday season is upon us, keep in mind the following tips when buying toys for children:
- Avoid buying toys that have small parts and may pose as a choking danger.
- Consider purchasing a small parts tester to determine whether small toys for children under the age of three might present a choking hazard.
- Toys constructed with thin, brittle plastic may easily break into small pieces or leave jagged edges.
- If you buy a scooter, skateboard or bicycle, make sure to buy a helmet too.
- Inspect all toys before taking them out of the box. Go through all parts of the toy to make sure no small parts could pose as a choking hazard.
For more kids-specific health information, visit kids.mountnittany.org.
Back to News
View All News